Monday, October 18, 2010

Portraits & Paws Photography!

I decided to go for it and expand my photography. I was thinking about what it was that felt so overwhelming about the wedding we did and why I wouldn't want to do it professionally and realized it was just the stress of the wedding. Well, weddings are NOT the only thing you can take photos of, right? I thought about my petsitting business and how much I enjoy taking pictures of animals, so I thought I would make that a large part of my business. I don't want it to be ALL pets, however, so I added the portraits as well. So, for HOURS I have been trying to figure out photoshop and how to make a watermark. I spent way too long trying to work with layers and then finally found a good explanation of how to do it correctly and finally got it! Shew! PS really frustrates me. So, that was really long-winded, but you get a shot of what I've been working on today.

2 comments:

  1. That is so great to read, Karen! Sounds like the beginning of a journey with opportunities for some really interesting experiences!

    A friend of ours does portrait photography here in Madison, and donates his wonderful work to promote our main fundraiser for kids with cancer. He and his wife are translators at the Univ. Hospital and do this nights and weekends (Rebeca does the website). When you mentioned pets and portraits I immediately thought 'babies!' I'm totally inspired by the baby pictures that Danny does:
    http://www.fotografiasl.com/

    (Yes, I do peek in on your photo blog a couple of times a week. I may not be able to take a photo that doesn't have my finger in it, but I love to look at them. -Hi Hope!-)

    Anne, sister to your friendly neighborhood goddess/dachshund wrangler

    ReplyDelete